Rosa Duarte holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Zaragoza (extraordinary doctoral award) and is a Full Professor in the Department of Economic Analysis at this University. She currently serves as President of the Spanish-American Society of Input-Output Analysis (SHAIO). Her current research lines are oriented towards the study of the processes of technological and structural change of economies in a context of globalisation and economic and ecological transition, and the social (gender, inequality, territory) and environmental (energy, pressures on water resources, emissions) impacts of these trajectories. Her main contributions are in the framework of multi-sector modelling (input-output, multi-regional models, social accounting matrices, applied general equilibrium models) extending these models and indicators in different directions, contributing to the improvement of their explanatory capacity and their adaptation to different phenomena and decisional scales. Her research has been published in journals such as Energy Economics, Ecological Economics, Economic Systems Research, Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Cambridge Journal of Economics, Water Resources Research, Journal of Environmental Management, among others.
- Duarte, R.; Miranda, S.; Sarasa, C. (2021). Household consumption patterns and income inequality in EU countries: Scenario analysis for a fair transition towards low-carbon economies. Energy Economics 104, 105614
- Duarte, R.; Serrano, A. (2021) Environmental analysis of structural and technological change in a context of trade expansion: Lessons from the EU enlargement. Energy Policy 150, pp. 112142
- Duarte, R.; Pinilla, V.; Serrano, A. (2019) Long Term Drivers of Global Virtual Water Trade: A Trade Gravity Approach for 1965-2010. Ecological Economics, 156, 318-326.
- Duarte, R.; Sarasa, C.; Serrano, M. (2019) Structural change and female participation in recent economic growth: a multisectoral analysis for the Spanish economy. Economic Systems Research, 31 – 4, pp. 574 – 593.
- Bolea, L., Duarte, R.; Sánchez-Chóliz, J. (2018) From convergence to divergence? Some new insights into the evolution of the European Union. Structural change and economic dynamics, 47, 82-95.