The group has a stable core of about 15 researchers, which extends to more than 20 when including trainees and researchers in training. They are mostly located in the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Zaragoza, in this same city, but there are also members of the team who belong to other three Spanish universities, specifically the Autonomous University of Madrid, the University of Seville and the University of La Rioja.
The research team has been working for more than 25 years as a stable group, working on issues very similar to those raised in this project. This stability and the constancy of results has led the Government of Aragon to recognise the research team as a "Reference group" that exists since 2003.
Some of the group's milestones are:
1. In 2009, after accepting a direct invitation to the project's PI, he joined the Water Footprint Network, which is led by the Dutch University of Twente (The Netherlands).
2. The CREDENAT group has had the active collaboration of the General Community of Riegos del Alto Aragón in recent years, with the collaboration of a two-year pre-doctoral fellowship.
3. The members of the project have collaborated for many years with the Confederación Hidrográfica del Ebro, a collaboration that took shape, for example, at the end of 2007 in the OTRI 2007-0234 research contract for the River Basin Hydrological Plan, on "Economic analysis of water use".
4. He has systematically collaborated with researchers from the CITA (Centro de Investigación y Tecnología Agraria) of the Diputación General de Aragón (DGA) within the framework of the multidisciplinary projects PM077/2006 and PI013/08, led by the PI of this project and financed by the DGA.
5. He was part of the Scientific Network of Economics of Irrigation Water, which was supported by the AGL2007-30519-E/AGR and AGL2009-05973-E/AGR projects.
6. He has participated in the network "Dynamics and collective phenomena in socioeconomic systems", supported by the project FIS2008-01155-E/FIS.
7. Team members systematically short stays at foreign universities, especially younger researchers. Stays have been made, among others, in the Dutch universities of Twente and Groningen, in the American universities of Columbia (NY) and Maryland, in the English universities of Glasglow and Leeds, in the French university of Aix-Marseille and in the Australian MITT of Melbourne. Similarly, foreign researchers have been received in short stays, the last three from Mexico, Turkey and Argentina.
8. It has collaborated with the Official Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Province of Huesca. This collaboration was supported, among other instruments, by the OTRI 2007-0630 research contract, carried out in 2008, on the socioeconomic impact of the Huesca-Zaragoza highway.
9. Recently we have collaborated with E. ON Renovables in the elaboration of 5 reports on industrial parks proposals proposed by the company. The corresponding economic and environmental impacts were covered by the OTRI 2011/0006 project of the University of Zaragoza. The collaboration has also led to the signing of a collaboration agreement between this company and the University of Zaragoza for the financing of pre-doctoral scholarships in the coming years.
10. The team has contracts of several years duration with both Riegos del Alto Aragón and E. ON Renovables, which allow financing scholarships and work for young researchers.
11. The team systematically maintains national projects, leading to the availability of researchers in training within the team.
12. Within its applied line, it is worth highlighting the recent contract with the European Commission Joint Research Centre in Seville on the role of trade between EU countries.
13. Recently, some of the team members also joined the Instituto Agroalimentario de Aragón (IA2) as full members of its Economics and Environment section.